Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tool #7 - Skype away!

I personally use Skype frequently to stay connected with my family members who all live outside of Houston. I am fascinated with the fact that we are now able to connect with others face to face via the web. We have come so far with the power of technology! There are so many different ways that I can use Skype with our students; however, I would like to use it as a part of our career day this year. I have many friends who live in other cities/states and who are working professionals doing some pretty interesting things with their careers. I think it would be a great idea to Skype in one of my friends for the career day and have him/her set up online at a booth to talk to students as they visit. I imagine this would capture our students' attention because it would be a unique way of linking them to a cool career via Skype. We will have to see if it works! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment